Richmond Education Assistant Program (REAP) 2023/24
Free Online Information Session on Wednesday, October 5 from 7:00-8:00. Register on the Richmond Continuing Education website.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THESE REQUIREMENTS:
A complete application package that includes:
• proof of secondary school graduation from Canada or equivalent (e.g. copy of transcript or diploma
• strong written and oral English skills
(i.e. passed English 12, Communications 12, or the REAP English Test)
• work experience (volunteer or paid) with individuals with disabilities and diverse abilities
• Letter of Intent (see more details below)
ELEMENTS OF A STRONG APPLICATION (not required but beneficial)
• comprehensive Letter of Intent
• post-secondary studies/specialized training in child development, education, psychology, special education, health care or related fields
• proven track record of care for others
• experience working both independently and collaboratively as a team member
REAP STUDENT APPLICATION PROCESS
Step One: Complete your Application Package:
___ Application Form - completed
___ Letter of Intent
___ Secondary school transcript of grades (copy)
___ Secondary Graduation certificate (copy)
___ Proof of passing the REAP English Test (if applicable)
LETTER OF INTENT
This is a very important component of your application. It is your opportunity to introduce yourself to the REAP team. It is helpful to make sure that you include the following:
- Describe what you know about the role of an Education Assistant,
- Your educational background and work and/or personal experiences that relate to being an Education Assistant.
- Your passion for choosing this career field ( tell us why you want to become an Education Assistant)
Step Two: Scan all of your documents as a single PDF and email it to:
Attention: Kathy Champion, REAP Administrator
Deadline: Friday, October 31, 2022 @ 4:00 pm (Note: extended deadline)
Late applications are welcome but will only be considered after on-time applications are processed. Apply on time to avoid disappointment.
Step Three: You will receive an email to acknowledge that your application has been received along with a link to pay your $40 application fee (non-refundable).
Step Four: All applicants will be notified by early November if they have been selected for an individual online interview. If you are not selected for an interview, you may re-apply for the next REAP intake.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Champion by email, email@example.com or by phone, 604.668.6123.
REAP SHORTLISTING PROCESS
Each application package will be evaluated on its contents, submission by the deadline, clarity and strength of the letter of intent.
If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to an individual online interview.